Stoel Rives represents health care entities of all sizes and levels of complexity in the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West, which gives us a 360-degree perspective on the challenges and opportunities presented by the evolving health care system. Our cross-departmental team of attorneys serves as advisors to health care providers, managed care entities, insurers, group health plans and vendors. This experience allows us to combine the knowledge and insight of cutting-edge best practices and strategies pursued by industry participants with our in-depth understanding of each client’s local circumstances and actual operations.
We frequently combine our knowledge of the health care regulatory landscape with our strong corporate, tax, labor and employment, employee benefits, intellectual property, real estate and litigation experience to align our services with our health care clients’ legal needs.
We provide representation across the full spectrum of health care and health plan law, including regulatory compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Our work includes advice on the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute; health information technology; compliance, audits and investigations; the Affordable Care Act; Medicare and Medicaid; Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and other data, privacy and security laws; fraud and abuse; labor and employment; antitrust; taxation; real estate and development; wellness programs; and benefit design and eligibility issues.
Recognized as one of the premier health care practices in the Pacific Northwest, our team has received a first-tier ranking by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” since 2010 in Oregon. We serve as trusted advisors and help develop solutions that enable our health care clients to manage current changes and position themselves for success in the coming years.
- Managed Care Organizations and Insurers
- Hospitals & Health Systems
- Physicians & Physician Organizations
- Freestanding Treatment Facilities (Diagnostic Radiology; Ambulatory Surgery; Radiation Oncology)
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Retail, Specialty and Mail Order Pharmacies
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Behavioral Health Facilities and Programs
- Medical Device Manufacturers & Distributors
- Medical & Dental Practice Management
- Information Technology & Business Process Outsourcing
Our Services Include